Phantom of the Opera (1925), Lon Chaney
Sligo Sevier
2012-10-30 07:08:42 UTC
I've known about this version 50+ years, but have never see it. Is it on DVD or VHS? (I've seen the 1943 version with Claude Rains a couple of times--years ago.) Sligo
Dennman6
2012-10-31 22:52:11 UTC
I've known about this version 50+ years, but have never see it. Is it on DVD or VHS? (I've seen the 1943 version with Claude Rains a couple of times--years ago.)                                                                                         Sligo
There are several vendors that have issued nicely restored versions of
this film. My first choice would be the DVD available at www.kinolorber.com.
When you get to the homepage, look on the right side of it for "Video
Store" & click enter. Then on the left side you will see category
choices. Search either by title of category of "silent films". You'll
find a lot of great, classic material here. Hope this helps. Also, the
1943 Claude Rains version has been recently restored for its release
on Blu-Ray.
s***@hotmail.com
on Blu-Ray.
s***@hotmail.com
2012-10-31 23:32:30 UTC
Post by Dennman6
I've known about this version 50+ years, but have never see it. Is it on DVD or VHS? (I've seen the 1943 version with Claude Rains a couple of times--years ago.)                                                                                         Sligo
There are several vendors that have issued nicely restored versions of
this film. My first choice would be the DVD available at www.kinolorber.com.
When you get to the homepage, look on the right side of it for "Video
Store" & click enter. Then on the left side you will see category
choices. Search either by title of category of "silent films". You'll
find a lot of great, classic material here. Hope this helps. Also, the
1943 Claude Rains version has been recently restored for its release
on Blu-Ray.
Thanks, Dennman6. I appreciate your help. ~Sligo