Silent Movies Discovered At Cuffe Ranch in Lone Pine - 12/9/02
s***@gmail.com
2014-02-22 17:59:01 UTC
I happened across The Cuffe Guest Ranch in the 1970's and Irene Cuffe was running it. Old style wooden cabins, lots of noises from things under the floor at night and a huge rush hour of moths swirling around the porch light. Nice trout stream though. Irene interviewed us before allowing us to stay and once we were accepted talked a little about her time in the old movies, silents I guess. She seemed to have worked with all the old greats as a bit part actress and had her memorabilia and phrase "actress of a thousand faces" displayed.

As there was an axe embedded in a log in the porch and the location was rather isolated, Im ashamed to say my wife and I lost it around 2.00am with the sounds of scratching and rustling clearly audible and growing from beneath the floor and we headed off North along the 395 to a modern motel.
Lizzie Gulick
2021-08-18 00:02:20 UTC
I'm still trying to figure out who Irene Cuffe, "actress with 1000 faces",
is...I've never heard of her, and neither, apparently, has the IMDb.
Anyone out there able to enlighten us?
Archie Waugh
Very interesting site that came up when I was doing a routine search
for Red Hair and Clara Bow. It mentions some color footage of Bow and
a can that was found labeled "Red Hair." Is this for real?
http://www.lonepinefilmfestival.org/news/news120902a1.asp
HER STAGE NAME WAS IRENE POWELL